Thursday, March 12, 2009

8808 WIDE-READING LOG – Non Fiction

Text Details

Name of book:How I Play Golf
Author:Tiger Woods
Topic:Golf
Gender of author:Male
Date read:1st March to 19th March


First Impressions


1 Was the book interesting? Yes
Yes. I found the book very interesting it told me what I wanted to know by the means of story telling some of Tigers greatest shots, achievements and memories.

2 Was the book easy to read? Yes
Yes, I found this book easy to read as it was very self explanatory.

3 Did the book provide you with the information you were seeking? Yes
Yes. This book provided me with the information I seeked and did in a way they could understand.

Personal response: I found the book interesting because …
Tiger. The greatest golfer of all time wrote this book at the young age of 21. Where most players at this age pay little to no attention to swing mechanics, Tiger gives insight into not only how he plays the game but what the game means to him. In an effort to inspire the masses into achieving and practicing the game they all fell in love. That is why I like this book.


Another relevant detail from the text:
Another relevant detail is Tigers’ “Tiger Secret NO.2 Dialing in my Distance”. Where Tiger tells the reader that instead of dialing in his distance out of a greenside bunker by opining/closing his clubface or changing how much sand you take, Tiger changes the length of his follow through.

One relevant detail from the text:
One relevant detail from the text is ”I Aim for the Toe of the Club”. In this text, as Tiger will go to explain. One of his “Tiger Secrets” is when chipping and needing to stop the ball quickly, hit the ball off the toe. It kind of deadens the Shot and you know its going to ball up close to where it lands.

No comments: